When COD shipment is generated?
Parcely generated automatically COD shipping label if following conditions are met:
- The customer chose the DPD shipping method (and location if pick-up) that supports COD.
- The customer chose the Cash on Delivery (COD) payment method (Shopify default payment method).
Which shipping methods are supported by COD?
You are able to offer COD with the following DPD shipping methods:
- DPD courier/home delivery to European countries.
- DPD Pick-up locations in Estonia (location ID needs to starts with EE90 or EE10)
- DPD Pick-up locations in Lithuania (location ID needs to starts with LT90)
How to enable COD payment method in Shopify store?
Make sure you enable the COD payment method in your Shopify store. You can do it in the admin panel under Settings→Payments→Manual payment methods→Add manual payment method→Cash on Delivery (COD)
Make sure you add instructions for customers to the "Additional details" field. You can find this field if you click on "Manage" on the Cash on Delivery (COD) payment method. We would advise adding there a text which lets customers know that COD payments can be only used if customers chose previously mentioned DPD shipping methods.
Unfortunately, the Cash on Delivery (COD) payment method can not be hidden if the customer chooses the wrong shipping method.
What if the customer chooses COD with the wrong shipping method or location?
if a customer chooses COD payment with a shipping method or location which is not supported by DPD then the order will not be automatically sent to DPD and you can manually edit the order and contact the customer to find the best solution how to collect the payment for the order.